OPENING FOR ENTERPRISE FACILITATOR
Southeast Enterprise Facilitation Project (SEFP), a non-profit 501(c)3 seeks a highly self-motivated individual to assist new, expanding and/or retained businesses. This is a full-time position. The Enterprise Facilitator will play a crucial role in connecting businesses with the resources and support they need to thrive. This position involves working closely with entrepreneurs, industry experts, and community stakeholders to facilitate collaboration, provide guidance, and create an environment conducive to enterprise success.
- Collaborate confidentially with entrepreneurs to understand their business needs and challenges.
- Follow the SEFP Processes Manual and the original Sirolli model which focuses on developing a solid management team and a business plan without motivating or initiating business ideas.
- Identify and connect businesses with relevant resources, including funding opportunities, mentorship programs, and training initiatives.
- Organize and facilitate workshops, seminars, and networking events to foster knowledge exchange and collaboration within the business community.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with industry experts, government agencies, and community organizations to leverage additional support for businesses.
- Stay informed about market trends, regulatory changes, and business development opportunities to provide timely and relevant information to entrepreneurs.
- Evaluate the impact of support programs and initiatives, collecting feedback for continuous improvement.
- Work cooperatively with and be accountable to the SEFP Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or a related field or experience.
- Proven experience in business development, administrative, leadership or related roles.
- Strong understanding of the challenges and opportunities faced by businesses at different stages of development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of funding sources, government programs, and resources available to businesses.
- Innovative and solution-oriented mindset.
- Work independently, with integrity.
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and/or occasional weekends.
- Reside within the SEFP service area.
- Adept IT skills (Microsoft Office 365, social media tools, publishing tools, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Executive-level writing, presentation, and communication skills
To apply please send cover letter, resume and three references to:
Southeast Enterprise Facilitation Project
PO Box 106
Marion, SD 57043
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS March 1, 2024.
The 2024 Regional Career Fair concluded yesterday, marking a successful 20th event that provided over 270 high school students from 11 different schools with valuable insights into various career paths and educational opportunities. Organized by the Southeast...
In a year marked by empowerment and achievement, the Southeast Enterprise Facilitation Project (SEFP) not only celebrated milestones but also set the stage for future excitement. As 2023 comes to a close, SEFP reflects on a year of fostering dreams, supporting...
Closing out the business year involves several compliance-related tasks to ensure that your small business remains in good standing with legal and financial obligations. Here's a checklist to help guide you through the end-of-year compliance process: Review Financial...
On November 8, 2023, the Southeast Enterprise Facilitation Project held a BOLD Stakeholder Event to discuss the progress of various community initiatives. The event provided insights into the current reality of various building blocks, the Make Meaning Gallery Walk,...
Baking sourdough bread is more than just a culinary endeavor; it's a journey filled with lessons that resonate far beyond the kitchen. As I delved into the world of sourdough, I couldn't help but notice the striking parallels between the art of breadmaking and the...
In our rapidly changing world, the allure of the "shiny penny" is undeniable. New businesses, novel opportunities, and the excitement of the unknown often draw our attention. However, in our quest for the next big thing, we sometimes forget the true essence of...
In the realm of rural small businesses, establishing a strong market brand is essential for growth and sustainability. Building a brand that resonates with your local community and beyond can help you differentiate yourself, build trust, and attract loyal customers....
Starting a new business is an exhilarating journey filled with countless opportunities and challenges. One of the most crucial aspects of launching a startup is securing adequate funding to bring your vision to life. While bootstrapping and personal savings can be...
Dreams can become a reality through hard work over time. However, some dreams don’t even surface until we get into the thick of life and work. Issac McDugle did not think about business ownership until others empowered and encouraged him. “If you were to say this is...
What do a Daycare, a Dog Groomer and a Garbage Service have in common? That may sound like the start of a joke or a riddle. However, the answer is they are all new business owners in the region. This year’s SEFP Annual Investor Reception brought multiple business,...